Microneedling (Collagen Induction Therapy):
Microneedling, or skin needling also known as Collagen induction therapy is a cosmetic procedure that involves repeatedly puncturing the skin with tiny, sterile needles (microneedling the skin) to generate new collagen and skin tissue for smoother, firmer, more toned skin.
Microneedling is FDA approved treatment for stretch marks, scars, including acne scars & more. It requires no downtime and is safe for all skin types.
What does microneedling most effectively treat?
- Improve wrinkles, minimize pore size and induce skin tightening.
- Stimulate collagen production which promotes rejuvenation
- Improve surgical, traumatic, burn and acne scars
- Hyperpigmentation (brown spots and melasma)
- Treats stretch marks
How do we use Microneedling with SkinPen?
At Dr. Summer Rose Aesthetics MD, we use the SkinPen, the first FDA-cleared medical microneedling device.
There are 3 phases to the wound-repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
Best of all, SkinPen works! Ninety percent of subjects in the clinical trial would recommend the procedure to family and friends.1
References  Data on file. Bellus Medical. 2017.
Is microneedling with SkinPen right for me?
1. Natural. SkinPen is a medical microneedling tool that uses sharp needles to create tiny holes in your skin. In response to these micro-injuries, your body produces collagen and elastin to heal the wound naturally. SkinPen doesn’t use chemicals, heat or toxins to burn or remove layers of your skin.
2. Safe and relatively comfortable. There are minimal side effects and downtime following a SkinPen procedure. Slight swelling and redness/pinkness in the area (like that from a mild sunburn) usually last only two to four days, so you can return to work or social activities quickly. SkinPen has minimal risk of scarring or infections. We apply a topical anesthetic before the procedure, making you comfortable. We also have Pronox, a self administered nitrous gas for complete pain and anxiety free treatments!
3. Versatile. SkinPen can be used to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks and acne scars. SkinPen can be used on many different body parts, including face, neck, décolletage, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back. SkinPen needles adjust to different lengths, allowing your SkinPen provider to customize your procedure based on skin’s thickness and your specific needs.
4. Effective for all skin types. Because SkinPen doesn’t affect the epidermis (where the skin pigment resides), it can be used on all skin types. Using Skinfuse skincare products in the Post Procedure Kit can further optimize the results from your procedure. Skinfuse products are specifically designed to give your skin the nutrients it needs at the right time. We do not recommend an individual to get a microneedling treatment during an acne flare up.
5. Cost-effective. The features listed above make SkinPen a cost-effective choice compared to other skin procedures such as laser resurfacing.